I'm supposed to finish my PhD in the next few weeks. I'm going to post some random drivel about what I'm up to for reasons best kept to myself.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Another good fighting wine

Had an amazing dinner: griddled steaks with Bifteck Sauté Bercy, cubed potatos and french beans. Was absolutely delicious! The first wine we had wasn't so great (Chilean Cabernet Sauvigon 120 Santa Rita 2003), so most of it ended up in the sauce. The second bottle, Italian Gran Mauro el Primitivo was excellent as per usual. Couldn't quite get the cubed potatos as crispy as I remember them being, I should check with Mum on the fine details of the recipe. After stuffing ourselves to the brim, we watched Azumi which promised to be a braindead Japanese samurai action flick which by-and-large delivered the goods. However, both of us were far too full to actually pay any attention to the wafer-thin plot, which in the end was probably a good thing. I then started to watch another Japanese film "Attack of the Schoolgirl Zombies" which had a bit too much gore in it for Sandra. However I didn't get too far since it actually turned out to be quite an interesting film, rather than the sleazy zombie flick I was hoping for. C'est la vie. Sandra is going out tomorrow night for a while to Jossan's party so I will probably seize the opportunity to watch Blade Trinity whilst she's out. ;) It'll be terrible, but hopefully terrible in the way that Blade II was! :) Damn, I enjoyed that film so much, even thought it was really, really bad. Mutant vampires with machine guns, ya can't beat it!

...and on that note I'm gonna hit the sack now and see how far I can get with "Beyond Fear" before passing out... wish me luck! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home