I'm supposed to finish my PhD in the next few weeks. I'm going to post some random drivel about what I'm up to for reasons best kept to myself.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Residue Processing

The kitchen certainly looks a mess this morning. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given that we were forced to abandon everything due to excessively steak filled stomachs last night. Lots of loose ends to tie up today. Laundry, Lars-Åke's drill etc. Maybe even have some lunch in town if I can crowbar Sandra out of bed in time! ;) On top of that I need to update my various supervisors about my progress i.e., that there actually is some, and work with the code a bit more to see what it can and can't do. By my rough calculations, I have approximately four weeks left before the thesis is to be sent to the publishers. Then it takes seven weeks for them to print it, meaning it should be ready on the day of the defense! ;P Oooh, I love margins of error! ;) So, four weeks to make the thesis itself look presentable, make the code really do something useful, do a bunch of simulations for the final paper and write the final paper. To use a classic Swedish phrase: "Gott om tid!" (there's plenty of time!). Well, one week for each task, we'll see how it goes. Of course, this all depends a lot on who is the opponent, when they can make it for the defense and what my supervisors think of my work so far. Perhaps they think pushing the defense into May is a good idea. I would love to have more time to make everything as good as possible, but at some point I guess you just have to draw a line in the sand and say: "This is my PhD".

Damn, it'll be a good feeling when/if I finally graduate! Stef mentioned something about having a road trip through Europe in July to celebrate both of our graduations, and that sounds like a great idea! Especially since we could end up in Greece and do some island hopping, which would be great to do with a native. So, there are things to look forward to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home