I'm supposed to finish my PhD in the next few weeks. I'm going to post some random drivel about what I'm up to for reasons best kept to myself.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

On A Rail

Bought a new TV yesterday. 28" for 2100SEK, it wa a pretty good deal. Unfortunately the XBox hasn't arrived yet, so there's nothing sensible to plug it in to. I tried connecting the laptop via S-Video through a SCART adapter, but that didn't work quite right. It sometimes gave a colour picture (I managed to watch a whole Johnny Bravo episode though), but most of the time to was Black & White. Which is kind of a pain, but it's not really going to be connected to the TV, so it's not a problem. Also couldn't get the video to work over co-ax. *sigh*. So, I'm just gonna get a SCART connector for it, which should just do the trick. I'm really excited about the xbox, I can't wait for it to arrive! :) Too bad that it probably won't arrive in time for the party though.

Today I think I'm going to reinstall my box at work to bring it up-to-date. Since I have a little bit of breathing space, I think that now is a good idea to do it, 'cuz I won't get another opportunity until I finish the thesis. There's a few other bits and pieces to do too. Then tomorrow night is out Moving In party which should be pretty fun! There will be a real mix of ppl there, so I'm quite curious to see how it pans out. Time for some coffee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home